EquiDermis® works from the inside out by providing nutrients required for healthy skin. It has been specifically formulated to provide natural support to the skin tissue, promoting a shiny, glossy coat and soothing challenged skin.
EquiDermis® is a rich source of alpha-linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid (omega-3) that has various health benefits that are particularly suited for skin support. Omega-3 has natural soothing properties that calm irritated and aggravated skin. B vitamins, including Biotin, have been added as they are associated with promoting skin, hair and hoof health. Linseed supplies amino acids that are also necessary for healthy resilient skin, whilst the herbs support the internal systems. Burdock root helps to maintain a healthy functioning liver, whilst Nettle and Clivers are added for their general tonic effects. Chamomile gently soothes dry and damaged skin.
- To promote healthy skin and coat
- To those exposed to wet or muddy conditions
- To soothe dry, scurfy skin
- To add a healthy, glossy sheen to any coat
- 6 months shelf life
- Brewer's yeast (23%): to support optimal health of hooves, skin and coat
- Burdock root: to promote healthy skin, counteracting dry skin and scurfy coat
- Chamomile flowers: to soothe the skin
- Clivers: high silica content strengthens hair and coat
- Cold pressed linseed oil: to promote coat condition and shine
- Micronised linseed (53%): rich in omega-3 fatty acids to maintain healthy skin
- Nettle leaves: to encourage dappling and sheen of the coat, tonic properties
The Horse's Skin
The skin is the horse's largest organ, and its main function is to act as a protective barrier to the internal systems. Healthy skin is resilient and elastic with a smooth glossy coat and is an indicator of your horse's general health. Both omega-3 and omega-6 are essential fatty acids that are required for good general health but that cannot be made in the horse's body. As a result these fatty acids must be supplied in the diet in the correct balance, however many diets fed to horses are high in omega-6 and low in omega-3. Supplementing with omega-3 will help to readjust this balance and promote healthy skin and a shiny coat.
IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT ABOUT YOUR HORSE'S HEALTH OR CONDITION, A VETERINARY SURGEON SHOULD BE CONSULTED.
|Weight of Horse/Pony
||Amount per day
|Up to 250kg/550lb
|250kg/550lb - 400kg/880lb
||12 - 14hh
||1 ½ scoops
|400kg/880lb - 600kg/1320lb
||14 - 16hh
||2 ¼ scoops
||2 ¾ scoops
1 level (150ml) scoop of EquiDermis® weighs approximately 70g/2.5oz.
Feed supplements should be fed according to body weight; height has been given as a guide. Introduce to the horses diet gradually, splitting between feeds (when applicable).
EquiDermis® is a complementary feeding stuff for equine animals. Feedmark uses nothing in the formulation of this product that contravenes competition rules.
|Micronised linseed (53%), Brewer's yeast (23%), Linseed oil, Nettle leaves, Burdock root, Clivers, Chamomile flowers, Calcium carbonate.